Friday 13 July 2012

Day 4, My Member of Parliament for C-38

Today I sent the same letter as in the previous e-mail, but to my Member of Parliament.

You can find your MP with your postal code here:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc 

And you don't need a stamp if you send them a letter to their Ottawa address:
<Member of Parliament Name>
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6   

Going Further
You can also call and leave a message with similar sentiments to your letter

Another good next step is requesting a meeting with your MP. I don't feel quite ready for that yet, but you should go ahead!  That will really give you a chance to elaborate on anything you'd like.

PS. You could also look up and learn how your MP has voted on each point, what they've been publicly saying about the issue at hand (Bill C-38 in this case) and tailoring it to that. I've gotta run today, so will just let him know my concerns and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment